Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

I'm back and linking up with my weekend shenanigans. This weekend was nothing short of awesome... If awesome means uneventful and boring. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of working a Monday -Friday 9-5 type job (ohhh how I wish) and instead I'm a server and weekends are the most stressful, hectic and crazy times for a restaurant. But it's the only days you actually make money at this time of year. Or so that's how it's supposed to be but I work at a restaurant that doesn't quite have it together therefor, I don't make anywhere near as much as I should. (or how much other servers at other restaurants make) Friday Chad and I slept in a little later then usual and lounged around for the rest of the day. I went into work at 4 and we weren't busy much at all so I was out of there by 930. Well, I would have been out much sooner but my partner wasn't into helping with cleaning our section or doing our side work so what usually would take about 30-40 minutes to finish took me an hour and a half because homegirl did not want to help me whatsoever... So I did it alone. When I got home it was almost 10 and Chad was disappointed that I got out so late after getting cut. (I was cut at 8 and text him to let him know I'll be out soon...but I didn't leave till 9:30)



Slightly messy but a free self manicure? Can't beat that.
 
Little did I know but he wanted to go see a movie at 10. So I checked the time of the movie on my fandango app real quick and realized the movie time was actually 10:20. We had plenty of time. So I quick threw on some sweatpants and we headed to the local theater. We saw Olympus has Fallen and let me just say it was GREAT. Seriously, I'm a fan of Gerard Butler (Hello ;] ) so that was most of the reason I had agreed to go but I also was hearing great reviews so I was actually intrigued. It was a really great action packed movie. Seriously ladies, you will enjoy it. I didn't find myself bored at any point and I have a short attention span so usually I get bored in movies VERY easily but I was very interested and very entertained. Go see it!

Work Shirts are sexy. & Mostly what Chad did when he wasn't working.
 
Don't think I've mentioned it yet but Chad got an awesome job at a shooting range literally 5 minutes from our apartment as a safety instructor. What a perfect job for a infantry man. So Saturday and Sunday Chad had to work 9:30 - 6. And I had to work at 6pm on Saturday. So this left me for a lot of "me" time this weekend. Saturday I lounged. I watched a little Kim and Kourtney take Miami marathon, painted my nails, ate some yogurt and pineapple and then went to work at 6pm where I made barely anything and was getting screwed over by fellow co-workers so I left feeling pretty discouraged. Sunday picked up taco night items and then headed up to my dads to pick up my laptop finally. After, I came home prepared for dinner and started making some changes on the blog. (Which I'm still in the process of working on.) Chad came home around 6, we ate dinner, watched Once Upon A Time and lounged around until bedtime. There you have it, my wonderful weekend.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment